The primary idea and purpose of Ayurvedic massage just as all other Ayurvedic treatment protocols are to help break and remove the toxins within the gross and subtle bodies. The toxins (Ama) are understood to be leftover putrefied-food stuff that has taken a grease-like form. The longer the Ama is retained in the bodies the more stubborn and harder they get and become embedded, thereby making removing them difficult, time consuming and unpleasant at times.
Ayurvedic treatment protocols may include some or all of, correct dietetics, massage, specially compounded herbal formulas, yoga therapy as well as proper Life style management according to one’s constitution.
In Ayurvedic body massage, the special medicated herbal warmed oils are used, continuous strokes and techniques, full-body steam application, followed by the herbal formula wash/scrub, is an intense, dynamic and expansive experience.
The benefits and effects of ayurvedic massage:
- helps to harmonize the three doshas - Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- improves blood circulation and respiratory system
- provides the body with more fresh oxygen, vital energy, nutrients
- relaxes the muscles, nerves, bones and body
- helps the digestive system to maintain balance, gas circulation in the body
- flushes out toxins and waste products
- induces deep sleep, increased appetite
- brings a sense of enjoyment of life
- intensifies the overall feeling of well-being stops premature aging, reduces wrinkles
- guarantees muscle tone, improves joint mobility
- massaging makes the skin smoother
- strengthens the nerves and allows the body to maintain the correct shape and flexibility
- it is used for insomnia, arthritis, obesity, gout, fluctuating blood pressure, asthma, recommened for headaches
- increases the production of white blood cells and antibodies that strengthens resistance to infection with a virus and
- helps defense mechanism of the body and the immune system
- increases the body's ability to adapt to sudden changes in temperature and changes in the environment
- intensifies the overall feeling of well-being and harmony
Ayurvedic massage is unfortunately not suitable for people who are:
Pregnant, suffering from a cough or cold, fever, toothache, constipation, indigestion, recently injured. Or people who have varicose veins, thrombosis, inflamed joints, bad skin condition, just completed a full meal. I tis also not recommended during menstrual period.
Ayurvedic medical herbal oils
Using ayurvedic oils in massage is a potent contributor at maintaining harmony & balance. Due to the extremely small size of the oil molecule, Ayurveda oils penetrate the skin easily and transport the healing properties of nature, directly to the cells in the body.
Oils of Ayurveda provide a range of the highest quality massage oils available, formulated according to traditional Ayurveda recipes. These thailams have been meticulously prepared over a period of days, in a unique process, to retain the medicinal and energetic qualities of the plants. When applied, Ayurveda oils easily penetrate the skin and deliver the healing properties of nature directly to the cells of the body.
We honor the traditional healing system and use only the finest oils that had been made with purity and integrity, strictly following centuries of knowledge. We import all of the oils from well known produces of oils, medicines, formulas from Kerala, India.